Thursday, September 30, 2010

Because Bloggers Ought to Be Rewarded Too [get a move on, lazy fellas!!]

This goes to all the bloggers out there, and to all the regular readers of the blogosphere:

1- I'm happy and very grateful to announce that I received an e-mail telling me that The Queer Behind the Mirror has been nominated for the 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards in the following categories: Best Written, LGBTQ and Writing & Literature. According to the e-mail, the Canadian Weblog Awards "is a new, juried competition with public nominations. The shortlists of nominees will be announced on 1 December 2010, and the finalists will be announced on 1 January 2011." I hereby encourage you to read the Who, What, When, Where and Why of the New Canadian Weblog Awards by clicking here. And I of course thank whomever nominated me. Whomever you are, I appreciate the act. Let's just hope this blog can be up to the standards of the jury now!

2- MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY, while I was doing some research about the Canadian Web Blog Awards, I found out that the Canadian Blog Awards (not to confuse with the Weblog) is presently on and that the nominations are open till October 9th. So, I hereby immediately urge you to nominate and vote for your favorite blogs. There are plenty of categories and I was lucky to find some really good blogs thanks to the Awards last year. Please click here for more information about how to fill in the forms.

There are many blogs that I will be rooting for, and if I may, I'll take the freedom to mention those few that I absolutely adore (amongst many others that you can find on the blogroll): Gay in the City, Agatha Photography, Crooked Lunch, Driving Fast on Loose Gravel and Reflections on the Majdanek

And when it comes to the French-Canadian blogs of note, Mon'Oncle Ti-Guy, La Boite a Males and my total favorite, Vies de Fous.

No comments: